Hardware & Software Purchase
Purchasing computers, software, and other technology or accessories
- Navigate and Log into COMHelp
- Click red button called "New Purchase Request" to be navigated to the Purchasing Form online.
- Complete the Purchasing Form to request new hardware or software. You will need to know the account number that your request will be funded by, as well as the Authorized Signer for the account that has the authority to approve your request.
- Once this form is submitted, the Service Desk will create a ticket in the COMHelp System.
- For a standard purchase, the purchasing team will contact the approved signer, who can review the request and approve or deny the purchase.
- Non-standard hardware purchases will involve a consultation with one of our technicians and must have Information Technology Services (ITS) approval prior to purchase. When both parties have come to an agreement about what needs to be purchased, the purchasing team will contact the approved signer, who can review the request and approve or deny the purchase.
5. If the purchase is approved, the purchasing team will proceed with the purchase and message you the order details.
6. If the request is denied please speak with your approved signer to fix any issues with the request.
- Computer hardware is purchased according to COM ITS Computer Standards
- Orders will not be placed until the authorized signer has approved the purchase.
- It's important to keep an eye on your email for any updates from COMHelp regarding your purchase or any communications that may come through from your technician.
Configuring and installing new computers
Once your new computer arrives, it will be processed, inventoried and tagged with a COMHelp asset number. The computer services team will configure and install your computer once it is part of our inventory.
The computer services team will contact you to deploy your equipment once all of this has been completed.